Pear Drop Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pears||1 Cup (16 tbs), well drained, chopped|
|Almond flavoring/Vanilla flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, cream butter by adding sugar.
3) Beat in egg.
4) Add sour cream to blend into the mixture.
5) In another bowl, sift together flour, soda and salt.
6) Add the sifted mixture to creamed mixture.
7) Add flavoring, nuts, pears and cherries.
8) On a greased baking sheet, drop the batter by teaspoonful.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
10) Allow cooling before serving or storing.
11) Serve the cookies with your choice of beverage or store in an airtight container.