Pear Drop Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pears||1 Cup (16 tbs), well drained, chopped|
|Almond flavoring/Vanilla flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, cream butter by adding sugar.
3) Beat in egg.
4) Add sour cream to blend into the mixture.
5) In another bowl, sift together flour, soda and salt.
6) Add the sifted mixture to creamed mixture.
7) Add flavoring, nuts, pears and cherries.
8) On a greased baking sheet, drop the batter by teaspoonful.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
10) Allow cooling before serving or storing.
11) Serve the cookies with your choice of beverage or store in an airtight container.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3198 Calories from Fat 1422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g245.3%
Saturated Fat 79.3 g396.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 513.2 mg171.1%
Sodium 2829.5 mg117.9%
Total Carbohydrates 409 g136.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.1 g64.3%
Sugars 217.7 g
Protein 48 g95.7%
Vitamin A 74.8% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 52% Iron 91%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet