Cottage Cheese & Chives Stuffed Pears
|Low fat cottage cheese||5 Ounce (150 Gram, Natural Variety)|
|Fresh chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dessert apples||4 (Ripe)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a sieve, place the cottage cheese and leave to drain for 10 minutes to remove excess liquid.
2) Discard the liquid and in a clean bowl sieve the cheese.
3) With an apple corer, remove the core from each of the pears.
4) Brush the hollowed centres of the pears little lemon juice to prevent them browning.
5) Add the chives to the cottage cheese and season well with black pepper.
6) In a piping bag with a plain 1 cm (1/2 inch) nozzle., place the cottage cheese mixture
7) In the hollow centres of the pears, pipe the mixture, ensuring the mixture fills the pears evenly.
8) Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
9) Make the dressing by mixing together the vinegar and parsley with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
10) Season the dressing well with pepper.
11) To serve, slice each pear into rings with a very sharp knife and arrange on a serving plate.
12) Ensure that cheese filling should not be loosen.
13) Spoon the vinaigrette dressing over the pears and serve immediately.