A Tisket a Tasket a Mini Pear Basket
|For phyllo baskets|
|Nonstick butter flavored cooking spray||1|
|Frozen phyllo dough sheets||6 , thawed as per package directions (17X12-Inches)|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Ripe pears||4 , peeled, halved, cored and thinly sliced crosswise|
|Light brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Golden raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Nonfat plain yogurt/Reduced-fat sour cream / frozen yogurt||6 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Use non-stick cooking spray to lightly coat 6 glass baking dishes of 4 ½-inches each or tart pans.
3) On a clean, dry surface, place the phyllo and lightly cover with waxed paper and then with a lightly dampened towel so that there is no drying.
4) To make the phyllo baskets, on the work surface, place a sheet of waxed paper and lift 1 sheet of phyllo onto the waxed paper.
5) Use non-stick cooking spray to lightly coat.
6) Repeat the layering and coating with the remaining 5 sheets.
7) With the help of a sharp knife or a pizza wheel cutter, cut the stack of phyllo lengthwise in half. Then cut crosswise into thirds to make 6 equal rectangles.
8) For every basket, place 2 phyllo pieces to form one rectangle in the tart pan or baking dish.
9) Separate the next 2 pieces and place them n top, rotating about 30 degrees so as to create an uneven edge.
10) Use the tip of the knife to pierce the bottoms in various places.
11) Bake in preheated oven till golden in color. This takes about 15 minutes of baking.
12) From the dishes, transfer the baskets to the wire rack and cool.
13) To make the filling, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
14) Add the walnuts and toast, occasionally shaking the pan, till the nuts are golden and fragrant. This takes 3 to 5 minutes.
15) Transfer the walnuts to a plate. Wipe out the skillet.
16) Heat the butter in the same skillet till it has melted.
17) Add the pears and brown sugar. Cook, occasionally stirring, till the sugar is just lightly syrupy and the pears are soft. This takes about 20 minutes of cooking.
18) Sprinkle in the raisins during the final 5 minutes of cooking.
19) Take the pan off the heat and slightly cool.
20) Fill each of phyllo baskets with lightly rounded ¼ cup warm pear mixture.
21) Sprinkle each basket with 1 teaspoon of the walnuts.
22) Serve the baskets warm as a dessert or part treat. If preferred, top each basket with yogurt, sour cream or frozen yogurt.