|Canned pear halves||14 Ounce|
|Apple cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Drain pears well, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
2. Stud each pear half with 2 or 3 cloves.
3. In medium saucepan, combine reserved pear syrup, cider, vinegar, cinnamon and sugar and bring to boiling, slowly.
4. Add pear halves simmer pears gently about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
5. Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled for at least 1 hour.
6. Serve, as garnish for lamb, with centers filled with currant jelly.