Rice With Pears
|Brown rice||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Water||550 Milliliter (2 1/4 Cup)|
|Cabbage||500 Milliliter, finely shredded (2 Cups)|
|Carrots||250 Milliliter, thinly sliced|
|Celery||250 Milliliter, thinly sliced (1 Cup)|
|Onions||125 Milliliter, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Corn oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Pears||2 Medium, chopped|
|Parsley||30 Milliliter, chopped (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dill weed||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a medium saucepan, place rice and water; bring it to boil.
2. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for about 30- 40 minutes until the water is absorbed.
3. In a large heavy-bottom saucepan, heat oil and sautÃ© cabbage, carrots, celery and onions for about 3 minutes until the mixture is crisp-tender.
4. If the vegetables scorch, add a few spoonfuls of water.
5. Add pears, parsley, dill weed, cinnamon and mustard; mix well.
6. Add the cooked rice to the pear mixture.
7. Cover the pan and cook over very low flame about 5 minutes.
8. Serve hot.