|Puff pastry||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Pears/Pear pieces - 1 can||4|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , squeezed|
|Raspberry jam/Damson jam||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas 7 temperature.
2) Even out the pastry to a 9" x 7" (23 cm x 18 cm) oblong and cut it lengthwise into two.
3) Fold one piece lengthwise in two and make gashes at 1/4" (5 mm) intervals almost to the edge.
4) On a greased and slightly damp baking sheet, arrange the other piece of pastry and moisten its edges with a little whisked egg white.
5) Cream a mixture of egg yolk and sugar.
6) Stir in lemon juice and ground almonds.
7) Apply jam over the pastry and then fill the pastry with sliced pears and almond mixture.Save the pear juice for pear sauce.
8) Top with the slashed piece of pastry and crimp the edges well.
9) Apply remaining egg white over the top of pastry.
10) Dust lightly with caster sugar and then bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven until golden and well risen.
11) Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5 and bake for 10 more minutes.
12) If required, prepare pear sauce by mixing together juice of half a lemon and saved pear juice.
13) Thicken this with a blended mixture of corn flour and cold water.
14) Serve the pastry hot with pear sauce or cold with cream.
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 117.2 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet