Sweet Potato Pear Soup
|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, diced to make4 1/2 cups (3 Medium Size, Dark Orange Variety)|
|Pear||1 Medium, peeled, diced 1 cup|
|Canned reduced sodium chicken broth||28 Ounce (2 Cans, 14 Ounce Each)|
|Chopped fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
1. In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and the onion and celery to the oil. Cook the vegetables for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients except fresh thyme.
4. Heat to boiling point and then reduce the heat.
5. Cover the dish and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
6. Set aside to cool.
7. In a blender or food processor, puree half the soup at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth
8. Return the blended soup to the saucepan and then puree the remaining soup.
9. Just before serving, heat blended soup for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
10. Garnish with fresh thyme.