Pears De Luxe
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Halve, peel, and core the pears.
3) In a baking dish, arrange the pear halves with the cut side up.
4) Mix the lemon juice, honey and rum, then pour over the pears.
5) Bake without a lid in the preheated oven for Vx hours or until the pears are tender.
6) Baste the pears with the pan syrup every 15 minutes.
7) Remove from oven, sprinkle with the chopped almonds and broil under a low heat until the almonds are toasted.
8) Garnish with the cottage cheese and serve cold or serve warm with sweet or dairy sour cream.
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.9 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 46.1 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet