|Firm ripe pears||4|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely grated lemon peel||1|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Apple pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) Butter a shallow ovenproof dish.
3) Pare, halve and core the pears; nicely place in the prepared dish.
4) Combine the lemon peel and juice with honey and spoon over the pear halves.
5) In a pan melt the butter gently , turn off the heat and stir in the brown sugar, bread crumbs and the apple pie spice; mix well and evenly sprinkle over the pears.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top and the pears are tender.
7) Serve immediately on a nice plate.