Pear And Walnut
|Demerara sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned pear halves||28 Ounce (2 X 440 G, Drained And 250 Ml / 8 Fl Oz Syrup Reserved)|
|Glace cherries||8 , halved (Red)|
|Butter||8 Ounce, softened (250 Gram)|
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||7 Ounce (220 Gram)|
|Maple syrup||3 Tablespoon|
1) In your food process, add butter, eggs, flour and caster sugar to process smoothly. Stir in walnuts to the mixture.
2) Take a round cake tin with 23 cm / 9 inches depth. Grease with oil or butter and line with baking paper. Sprinkle the base with demerara sugar.
3) Place pears and cherries over base in a nice way.
4) Pour the egg mixture on top of pears and cherries.
5) Set your oven at 180°C /350°F / Gas 4 and place cake tin inside the oven.
6) Bake for 1-1 1/4 hours or until the cake is well baked by testing with a skewer.
7) In a small saucepan, pour maple syrup and reserved pear juice. Allow it to boil over medium heat until it reduces to half.
8) Take a serving plate to turn over pudding. Drizzle the syrup on pudding. Serve hot or warm with toppings of cream or ice cream.