Pears Mary Garden
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raspberry jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Candied cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Peel the pears, cut them in half and remove the cores.
2. Boil the sugar and one cup water together three minutes, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Add the pears, lower the heat and simmer until the pears are tender. Cool the pears in the syrup, then drain well.
3. Heat the jam, stirring, until softened. Strain. Mix the cornstarch with one tablespoon cold water and add to the strained jam. Bring to a boil, cool and add the kirsch.
4. Pour warm water over the cherries and let stand until soft. Drain and dry. Add to the jam mixture.
5. To serve, turn the raspberry-cherry sauce into a serving dish, arrange the cooled pears over the sauce and garnish with the whipped cream, using a pastry tube if desired.