Poached Ricotta Pears
|Pears||4 , cored, peeled and halved|
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Artificial sweetener||2 Tablespoon|
|For prune and ricotta filling|
|Pitted prunes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), halved|
|Reduced fat ricotta cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Artificial sweetener||1 Tablespoon|
1. To make filling, place prunes and water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Remove pan from heat. Cool.
2. Place ricotta cheese, vanilla essence, orange rind and sweetener in a food processor. Process until light and fluffy. Fold in prunes with 1-2 teaspoons of their liquid. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C / 360°F / Gas 4. Cut a sliver off the curved side of each pear so they sit flat. Place pears in a deep frying pan, cavity side up.
4. Combine wine, water and sweetener. Pour over pears to cover. Add cinnamon stick. Cover. Bring to simmering. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pears are just tender.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pears to a baking dish. Spoon filling into cavities. Bake for 10 minutes or until filling is set.
6. Bring liquid remaining in frying pan to the boil. Boil until reduced to a glaze consistency. Serve with pears.