Orange Baked Pears
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Orange zwieback crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mace||To Taste (Few Grains Required)|
|Salt||To Taste (Few Grains Required)|
|Canned pear halves||29 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Plantation orange sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Combine melted butter, zwieback crumbs, brown sugar, orange peel, mace, and salt; mix well.
2. Arrange pears, cut side up, in a shallow baking dish; fill hollows of pears with crumb mixture.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of the reserved pear syrup around pears; cover with aluminum foil.
4. Bake at 350°F 15 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer, or until crumbs are browned.
5. Serve warm with Plantation Orange Sauce.