Pear Daisy Au Gratin
|Water||1 Liter (4 Cups)|
|Sugar||180 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
|Frozen raspberries||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sugar||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Water/White wine||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
– Peel pears, slice in half and scoop out pulp.
– In a saucepan, boil water, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice for 5 minutes.
– Add pears and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
– In a separate saucepan, boil raspberries and sugar for 1 minute. Cool slightly then puree in the blender. Pass through a sieve and set aside.
– Slice pear halves in 3 segments and arrange in a daisy shape in oven-proof dessert bowls.
– In a double-boiler, beat egg yolks vigorously with sugar and water or wine. Stir over heat until the sauce is thick and foamy.
– Coat each daisy with mixture and broil until slightly golden.