1. Prepare the brine with salt and enough water and soak the peanuts in brine water. This means that for every pound of peanuts, you add a quarter cup of salt to the water and soak for between 12-24 hours.
2. Drain off the brine water and rinse the peanuts.
3. Add water again to the peanuts.
4. Add red pepper flakes and sugar and mix.
5. Put this on the stove to cook for 2 hours.
6. Remove from stove and drain the water out and pour the peanuts into a large bowl.
7. Scoop into a smaller bowl and enjoy this healthy snack.