Peanut Ring Mold
|Enriched bread cubes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Whole milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Stir together the bread crumbs, peanuts, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
3) Place a medium skillet over moderate heat and add the butter.
4) Saute the onion and celery in butter till the onion has turned translucent.
5) Combine the sauteed ingredients with the bread mixture.
6) Beat together the milk and eggs and combine with the bread, working to keep the mixture fluffy at all times.
7) Cream the shortening in a small bowl and stir the flour into it.
8) Over the bottom and sides of an 8-inch ring mold, spread the shortening mixture.
9) Into the mold, spoon the bread mixture. Pack it well enough to remove all the air pockets.
10) Place in the fridge for about 1 hour.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
12) Transfer the still hot ring to a serving plate and serve as a side dish to soups and other preparations or even an appetizer.