Salted Peanut Chews
|Unbleached all purpose flour/Self rising flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Miniature marshmallows||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Peanut butter chips||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Crisp rice cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salted peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Mix butter, sugar, egg, lemon peel, salt and ground spices in a bowl and cream them with a beater until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour & chopped walnuts and work into a dough.
2. In a saucepan, mix together light corn syrup, unsalted butter, vanilla, peanut butter chips, heat and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add rice cereal, salted peanut. Keep warm.
3. In a 9-inch square pan, pat down 3/4th dough to a thickness of ½ inch.
4. In a preheated oven, bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 15 minutes, until lightly brown, immediately sprinkle marshmallows and bake for a couple more minutes until marshmallows start to puff. Remove from oven and cool.
5. Spoon the warm peanut mix over the marshmallow, spread evenly and refrigerate until firm.
6. Cut into bars.
7. Serve cool.
Calories 3567 Calories from Fat 1656
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 192 g295.3%
Saturated Fat 65.7 g328.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.6 mg81.9%
Sodium 2041.4 mg85.1%
Total Carbohydrates 416 g138.5%
Dietary Fiber 15.8 g63.2%
Sugars 203.2 g
Protein 61 g121.8%
Vitamin A 63.7% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 30.7% Iron 64.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet