Salted Peanut Chews
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Miniature marshmallows||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Peanut butter morsels||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Light corn syrup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Crisp rice cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Roasted salted peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the over 350°F
2. In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and powder and salt.
3. Add the sugar and cut in the butter until the mixture resembles cake crumbs.
4. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and stir to bind the mixture.
5. Turn into the a 13-inch by 9-inch pan and press firmly to line the bottom.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until the firm and lightly browned.
7. Top with the marshmallows and continue baking for 2-3 minutes until they begin to melt and puff.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.
9. In the meanwhile take a large saucepan and combine the peanut butter morsels, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla
10. Place on a low flame and heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring until well blended into a smooth sauce
11. Take pan off the heat and stir in the rice crispies and peanuts.
12. Pour and spread over marshmallow layer in the pan
13. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour to chill and firm.
14. Cut into squares, bars or diamonds.
15. Place in foil lined pastry cases and serve or wrap and include in food gift hampers.
Calories 1011 Calories from Fat 443
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.3%
Saturated Fat 28.8 g144.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.3 mg30.4%
Sodium 534.9 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 76.1 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet