Salted Peanut Cookies
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flakes/Bran flakes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (with or without raisins)|
|Salted peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Cream butter until light and fluffy, gradually adding brown sugar. Add egg; beat well. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flakes and peanuts.
4. Drop, by level tablespoonfuls, onto greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 8 minutes, or until done.
6. Remove to wire racks to cool. Makes 4 1/2 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3685 Calories from Fat 1480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 171 g262.7%
Saturated Fat 74.8 g374.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg161.3%
Sodium 3335.8 mg139%
Total Carbohydrates 504 g168.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.4 g81.7%
Sugars 302.1 g
Protein 60 g119.6%
Vitamin A 86.2% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 97.4% Iron 169.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet