Peanut Butter Honey Cookies
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Turn the oven to 350°. Put some shortening on a piece of paper towel. Spread the shortening over the cookie sheets to grease them.
2. In the large bowl, put the sugar, 1/2 cup shortening, peanut butter, and honey. Mix well with the wooden spoon.
3. Crack egg into small bowl. Add egg to the peanut butter mixture. Stir till well mixed.
4. In the medium bowl, put flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir to mix.
5. Add the flour mixture, a spoonful at a time, to the peanut butter mixture, stirring well after each spoonful.
6. Put enough cookie dough on a small spoon so the dough is slightly humped. Use the other small spoon to push the dough from the spoon onto the cookie sheet. Repeat to fill the cookie sheet. Leave about 2 inches between cookies.
7. Put cookie sheet in the oven. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or till edges are brown. While cookies bake, drop more dough onto the other cookie sheet.
8. With hot pads, remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Put the second cookie sheet in oven. With the pancake turner, lift baked cookies onto cooling rack. Let the first cookie sheet cool. Repeat with the remaining dough. Turn off oven.