Stir Fried Pork With Peanuts
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Dice pork. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and sherry; then add to pork and toss to coat.
2. Dice mushrooms and celery. Mince scallion; crush garlic.
3. Heat oil. Sprinkle raw peanuts lightly with salt, then add to pan and toss lightly. When peanuts begin to brown, remove and drain on paper toweling.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add garlic and brown lightly. Add pork and stir fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 to 3 minutes).
5. Add mushrooms and celery; stir fry to coat with oil (about 1/2 minute). Add oyster sauce and stir fry to blend in (about 1 minute).
6. Stir in and heat stock quickly. Cook, covered, over medium heat until done (about 4 minutes).
7. Stir in peanuts only to reheat.