Join Toby as she prepares a diabetes-friendly dessert with fresh fruit. This recipe comes courtesy of Registered Dietitian Mary Lynn Farivari from her book "Healthy Palate", and it's the serving size for 23 grams of carbohydrate that will really get your attention.
2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 1/2 inch slices ((fresh or frozen))
Whole wheat flour
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Teaspoon, powdered
1. Grease an 8 inch round baking dish with non stick spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a large bowl, mix together blueberries, peaches, and sugar and lemon juice.
4. Stir it gently and pour it into the baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, put together flour, oats, cinnamon and salt; mix well and stir in the canola oil for 1 minute to incorporate the oil in the topping.
6. Sprinkle the topping on the fruit mixture and spray with non stick spray.
7. Bake the dish in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until the filling is hot and topping is slightly brown.
8. Serve Blueberry and Peach Crisp straight from the oven.