|Sugar||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole allspice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon sticks||2 (3 inch size)|
1) Peel peaches and place them in bit salty water to avoid dis coloration.,
2) Take a 5-quart kettle and mix sugar, vinegar, 3/4 cup water and spices tied in a cheesecloth bag into it. Bring to a boil and then add peaches. Boil and reduce heat. Simmer until tender.
3) Take a large bowl and transfer the peaches in it. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4) Pour the peaches into 4 pint jars. Discard spice bag.
5) Boil the peach syrup to a boil and pour it on peaches. Fill the jars upto 1/2 inch from top.
6) Cover with lids and process in a boiling water bath for peaches.
7) Enjoy spiced peaches as and when desired.