Fresh Peach Crisp
|Sliced fresh peaches||5 Cup (80 tbs), peeled|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar/Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Toss peaches with lemon juice, in a medium sized bowl.
2) Add flour, brown sugar and nutmeg to the tossed peaches and stir the contents well.
3) Transfer the peaches-flour mixture into a casserole (1-quart) and microwave for about 5 to 7 minutes on high temperature, till the sauce thickens and the peaches turn tender.
4) Take out the casserole and set aside.
5) Meanwhile, combine all the topping ingredients, crumble them and sprinkle over the microwaved peaches.
6) Microwave the contents for another 2 to 4 minutes, till they get bubbly and hot.
7) Serve the peaches crisp topped with whipped cream or ice cream (it can be served cold or warm).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1884 Calories from Fat 456
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.2%
Saturated Fat 30.1 g150.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 8.4 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 342 g114.1%
Dietary Fiber 21.3 g85.4%
Sugars 202.7 g
Protein 26 g52.1%
Vitamin A 84.2% Vitamin C 1578.3%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet