Peach Topped Frozen Ice Mold
|For vanilla ice milk|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Low fat milk||1 Quart|
|Ladyfingers||12 , halved crosswise|
|For french carob ice milk|
|Honey||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Quart, divided|
|Carob powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted and cooked in 1/4 cups water over low heat, stirring constantly until thick.|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For peach sauce|
|Peach puree||2 Cup (32 tbs) (About 6 Medium-Size Fresh Peaches)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
To make the Vanilla Ice Milk
1. In a medium-size saucepan, mix together honey, vanilla bean, vanilla extract, and 1 cup of the low-fat milk.
2. Add remaining low-fat milk and heat to scalding, stirring occasionally.
3. Take pan off heat and let vanilla infuse into the milk for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Remove vanilla bean. You can use this to flavor another quarter of milk instead of discarding it.
5. Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
5. Turn mixture into a large pan and place in freezer until partially frozen. Remove from freezer, beat to break down ice crystals, and then return to freezer.
6. Repeat this procedure twice.
7. Turn frozen mixture into two (1-quart) containers and freeze until ready to serve.
To make the French Carob Ice Milk,
8. In a small bowl, beat together eggs and honey until foamy.
9. Blend cornstarch and 1 cup of the skim milk.
10. Pour into the top of a double boiler set over hot water and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until milk thickens.
11. Whisk a small amount of hot milk into egg mixture.
12. Return to hot milk, whisking constantly and cook 1 minute, stirring.
13. Turn into a large bowl and mix in remaining ingredients.
14. Process mixture in an ice cream maker or freeze in pan until ready to serve, as in steps 5 and 6 for Vanilla Ice Milk.
To assemble Ice Mold:
15. Line a 5 x 7-inch loaf pan with waxed paper.
16. Spread an even and thin layer of slightly softened Vanilla Ice Milk on bottom of pan.
17. Arrange Ladyfingers, points down along sides of pan, making them stand by inserting into the ice milk.
18. Layer remaining Vanilla Ice Milk and place in freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
19. Evenly spread a layer of the French Carob Ice Milk on top of the Vanilla Ice Milk.
20. Cover pan and return to the freezer until firm.
To make the Peach Sauce:
21. In a medium-size saucepan, combine peach puree, honey, and cornstarch blended in water.
22. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until thick then stir in the extract.
23. Strain and allow the sauce to chill.
24. To serve, unmold the frozen ice mold onto a serving platter and peel of the waxed paper.
25. Slice and serve immediately with the Peach Sauce spooned on top.