Honey Spiced Peaches
|Dry white wine/White grape juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole allspice berries||12|
|Whole black peppercorns||12|
|Peaches||6 Large, skinned, halved and pitted (Ripe But Firm)|
1. In a pan boil the wine with bay leaf, allspice, peppercorns, cloves, and honey over low heat, stirring continuously until the honey is completely dissolved.
2. Now add the peach halves to this liquid and simmer for 5 minutes stirring in between or until the peaches are tender, but make sure the peaches so not get over cook and retain their shape.
3. Strain the liquid in another pan and keep the peaches and spices in a container.
4. Now cook the liquid further more, approximately 10 minutes and reduce it to half.
5. Once reduced, remove it from flame and pour it on the peaches and let It cool down. 6. Once cold, cover and refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
6. Serve chilled as a perfect dessert for special occasions like valentine's day, new year's eve or just like that with vanilla ice cream.