Veal with Peaches and Almonds
|Boneless veal/1 pound veal steak shoulder||8 Ounce|
|Almond oil/Butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
|Cardamom pods||6 (White or green variety)|
|White wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ripe peaches||2 , peeled, stoned and quartered|
|Toasted whole almonds||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
1) Wash the veal and place on paper towels.
2) In a pan, heat oil and add garlic and cardamom.
3) Mix in the veal and cook for 4 to 6 minutes till well browned.
4) Pour in the wine, lower heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
5) Drop peaches into the wine sauce and add over each piece.
6) Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes till well heated.
7) Discard the garlic and cardamom and pour sauce on to 2 plates.
8) Equally divide the veal between the plates and set on each plate.
9) Garnish around with peaches and top with nuts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 941 Calories from Fat 401
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263.2 mg87.7%
Sodium 170.9 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 30.5 g
Protein 79 g158.5%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 43.7%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet