Spiced Pickled Peaches
|Brown sugar||4 Pound|
|Cider vinegar||1 Pint|
|Cinnamon pieces||2 (3 Inch)|
1) Skin peaches and insert 2 or 3 whole cloves in each.
2) Add brown sugar to the peaches to cover it. Keep aside overnight.
3) Drain out syrup in a pan.
4) Add vinegar and cinnamon to it and boil.
5) Add peaches into boiling syrup in batches. Cook for 20 minutes until tender.
6) Transfer immediately into hot sterilized jars.
7) Pour hot syrup over peaches in jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space
8) Seal immediately.
9) Serve with ham, roast poultry or game.