Peach Pecan Mould
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
|Rum flavoring||2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans/Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned peach nectar||12 Ounce (1 can)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground mace||1 Dash|
1) Stir the ice cream in order to soften it.
2) Stir in the flavoring and chopped nuts.
3) In top of a 4 ½ cup mold, arrange a few pecan halves.
4) Add the ice cream and freeze till firm, about 6 hours.
5) Invert the frozen preparation onto a serving plate and press a damp hot towel around the mold to loosen.
6) To make the Peach Sauce, stir the peach nectar into the cornstarch in a saucepan.
7) Add the light corn syrup and mix well.
8) Cook the stir the mixture till it is thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for another 2 minutes.
9) Add the butter, lemon juice and ground mace and mix well. Let the sauce cool for a bit. Right before serving, add a 12-ounce package of frozen peaches that have been thawed, drained and coarsely chopped.
10) Place the chilled Peach Pecan Mold on a decorative serving platter and serve with the Peach Sauce on the side (or spoon it over the mold). Best when served as a dessert.