Peaches and Pork
|Stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, peeled and minced|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chinese 5 spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Julienned peaches||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Scallions||3 , minced|
1. Freeze the pork for 30 minutes or till it can be sliced properly.
2. Set the meat against the grain and cut the meat into thin slices
3. Sprinkle the meat with the cornstarch and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix the stock, ginger, egg white, garlic, soy sauce, and 5-spice powder to mix well
5. Add the pork to the bowl, toss well to combined and set aside to marinate till required
6. In a large frying pan, add the 2 tablespoons of oil and heat on medium high heat
7. Add the pork and the marinade and stir fry for three minuets till cooked
8. Remove the pork from the pan and add the remaining one teaspoon oil to the pan.
9. Add the peaches and stir fry again for 30 seconds
10. Add the pine nuts, scallions and the pork and stir fry till heated through
11. Serve hot immediately