|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Demerara sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) In boiling water, dip the peaches for 30 seconds, drain and rub off the skins.
2) Slice the peaches in half, remove the stone and then slice the flesh.
3) Preheat the grill.
4) In the base of fireproof serving dish, place the peach slicesâ€”a porcelain white souffle dish is ideal â€” sprinkle with the sugar and add the liquer.
5) Lightly whip the cream, pour over the fruit to cover completely, then chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight, until the cream is firm.
6) Sprinkle the top liberally with Demerara sugar and pass under a preheated, very hot grill just long enough for the sugar to melt and begin to caramelize.
7) Cool so that the sugar topping becomes crisp, then serve.
8) Serve cream slong with iced peaches.
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet