Peaches Au Bandol
|Red wine||750 Milliliter|
|Red bandol wine||750 Milliliter (1 Bottle)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Cinnamon stick||3 Inch|
|Peaches||8 , rinsed (Just Underripe And Unblemished)|
1) In a large heavy non-reactive pot, mix the wine, water, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon stick together.
2) Bring to a boil, stirring 1-2 times until the sugar is dissolved, then simmer on a low heat.
3) Stir in the peaches, cover with the parchment paper and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until done. Remove the peaches with a slotted spoon from the liquid and allow to rest cool.
4) In a large serving bowl, strain the wine syrup, then skin the peaches and return the peaches into the syrup.
5) Place the peaches in individual compote dishes, ladle 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the wine syrup over each peach and serve immediately.