Marionberry Peach Crunch
|For crunch topping:|
|Steel cut rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine/Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into small pieces (1 Stick)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For fruit filling:|
|Peaches||1 Pound, peeled, pitted and cut into slices 1/2 inch thick to make 3 cups|
|Marionberries||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Prepare crunch topping in a medium bowl combining oats, flour, cinnamon and brown sugar.
3) Stir in margarine or butter and work with hands till mixture resembles crumble.
4) Mix pecans and stir well. Keep aside.
5) Prepare the filling in a medium bowl, add peaches and berries and toss.
6) Add sugar and flour and mix to coat the fruit well.
7) In a 6-by-9-inch glass baking dish or aluminum pan transfer the filling.
8) Evenly spread the topping over fruit.
9) Place in oven and bake for 1 hour till top is golden.
10) Keep aside to cool.
11) Wrap with aluminum foil or invert an aluminum foil baking pan on top. Secure with kitchen string or rubber bands.
12) Place in a picnic basket.
13) Serve in individual platter.