Upside Down Peach Ring
|Canned cling peach slices||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. With a strainer, drain the peaches into a 1 cup measure. This will be used for a sauce.
2. In a greased 4 cup ring mould, arrange the peach slices
3. In a medium size bowl, using an electric handheld whisk, cream the sugar and butter or shortening till fluffy and white. Add eggs and almond extract and continue to beat.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, simultaneously adding the milk. Beat until it is just blended.
5. Pour the mixture over the peach mould and spread evenly.
6. In a moderate oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit bake for 40 minutes until it becomes springy and fluffy.
7. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes. Using a knife, slightly loose the ends. Once cooled completely, attach a plate and turn upside down lifting the mold off neatly and gently.
8. Cut into slices and serve with warm honey.
9. Add a scoop of ice-cream on the side.