Peaches Gratinees Aux Macarons
|Firm ripe peaches||4 , peeled, cut in half and stoned|
|Stale macaroons||4 , crushed|
|Ground almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Crystallized fruits||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Mixed)|
|Double cream/Whipping cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Icing sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce, melted (40 Gram)|
|Kirsch/Rum||3 Tablespoon (To Finish)|
1. With a teaspoon, scoop out a little flesh from the centre of each peach half. Chop this up and mix with the macaroons, ground almonds, crystallized fruits, egg yolk, 1 tablespoon cream and 1 tablespoon Kirsch or rum if using. Stuff the peach halves with this mixture and place in a buttered fireproof dish.
2. Sprinkle the icing sugar over the top of each and brush the outsides with the melted butter. Sprinkle the rest of the butter over the top of the peaches.
3. Add 2 tablespoons water to the dish and cook in a preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, until the peaches are cooked and the centres brown.
4. Beat the remaining cream until it stands in soft peaks and place in a serving dish.
5. When the peaches are cooked arrange them in a fireproof serving dish, warm the Kirsch or rum, if using, pour over the peaches and ignite. Serve immediately, with the whipped cream, if liked.