Fruity Peach Lattice
|Shortcrust pastry||6 Ounce (Made With 6 Ounce Flour Etc.)|
|Canned sliced peaches||15 Ounce, drained|
1) Preheat the oven to 335°F.
2) Take a 7 inch flan ring and place it on a baking sheet. On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry and line the flan ring.
3) Trim edges and reserve the pastry trimmings.
4) Put about 4 tbsp of mincemeat at the bottom of the flan ring and top it up with the peaches. Arrange the peaches in a wheel pattern.
5) Spread the remaining mincemeat over the peach slices. Now, take the reserved pastry trimming and roll them out into thin strips, on a slightly floured surface.
6) Place the strips in a lattice pattern over the mincemeat layer and moisten the edges of the strips. Seal the edges of the pastry case.
7) Place the lattice in the preheated oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
8) Slice and serve warm.
Lattice is good with vanilla ice-cream and pouring custard.