Pan Fried Pork with Peaches
|Long grain rice||14 Ounce (400 Gram, 2 Cup)|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter, 4 Cup)|
|Lean pork chops/Lean loin pieces||28 Ounce (2 Pieces, About 7 Ounce Or 200 Gram Each)|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dark rum/Sherry||30 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Ripe peaches||3 Large|
|Peppercorns||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|White wine vinegar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1. Place the rice in a large saucepan and cover with 900 ml / 1 1/2 pints / 3 3/4 cups chicken stock. Stir, bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes. Switch off the heat, cover, and leave for 5 minutes. Season the pork. Heat a large metal frying pan and moisten the pork with 15 ml / 1 tbsp of the oil. Cook for about 12 minutes, turning once.
2. Transfer the meat to a warm plate. Pour off the excess fat from the pan and return to the heat. Allow the sediment to sizzle and brown, add the rum or sherry and loosen the sediment with a flat wooden spoon. Pour the pan contents over the meat, cover and keep warm. Wipe the pan clean.
3. Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the pan and soften the onion over a gentle heat.
4. Cover the peaches with boiling water to loosen the skins, then peel, slice and discard the stones.
5. Add the peaches and peppercorns to the onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until they begin to soften.
6. Add the remaining chicken stock and simmer briefly. Rerurn the pork and meat juices to the pan, sharpen with vinegar, and season to taste. Serve the pork and peaches with the rice and garnish with flat leaf parsley.
Calories 1710 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 286.5 mg95.5%
Sodium 1038.4 mg43.3%
Total Carbohydrates 212 g70.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 115 g229.1%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 71.4%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 38.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet