Cinnamon Peach Butter
|Ripe peaches||20 Medium|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Peel, pit, and cut peaches into bite-sized pieces.
2. In 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy saucepot over medium heat, cook peaches, stirring frequently, until very soft, about 15 minutes. Remove Dutch oven from heat. Press peaches through food mill or coarse sieve into large bowl.
3. Return peach pulp to Dutch oven; stir in sugar, salt, and cinnamon; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and mounds when dropped from a spoon.
4. Meanwhile, prepare jars and caps for processing
5. Immediately ladle hot peach mixture into hot jars to 1/2 inch from top (keep peach mixture simmering while filling jars). Close jars as manufacturer directs. Process jars in boiling-water bath 10 minutes; cool jars and test for airtight seal
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3532 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 0.6 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1453.8 mg60.6%
Total Carbohydrates 908 g302.5%
Dietary Fiber 48.2 g192.8%
Sugars 858 g
Protein 28 g56.4%
Vitamin A 201% Vitamin C 339.1%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 44.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet