Green Peas Kochuri
|Green peas||1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Sift flour (Maida) and add 1/4 tsp salt. Rub 2 table spoon of cooking oil and knead to a soft dough adding little water as required.
2. Grind peas, ginger, green chilies, aniseeds to a fine paste.
3. Heat one table spoon of oil and fry asafetida for about 20 seconds. Add the ground peas paste and salt. Fry well till the paste is cooked. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Divide dough into 8 balls. Press each ball in the center and fill in the peas mixture. Close the opening and flatten. Roll into round pancakes.
5. Heat about 1 cup of cooking oil. Deep fry one at a time. Reduce heat and fry till golden brown. Drain and remove and serve hot.
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 171.3 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.2%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 105.5%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet