Black Eyed Peas
|Black eyed peas||1 Pound, soaked for 2 hours|
|Onion||1 Small, diced and divided|
|Canned rotel||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Smoked meat/Bacon||5 Ounce, diced|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. From the smoked meat first cut the fat portion and dice the meat portion.
2. In a saucepan add in the fat portion and fry for few minutes.
3. Take out the fat portion from the pan and set aside. Add the meat portion and half of the onion. Sauté for few minutes.
4. Add the rotel, season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the black eyed peas, water, bring to boil and cover the saucepan. Simmer for 60 minutes on low heat.
6. Garnish Black Eyed Peas with onion hot sauce. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!