Fava Middle Eastern Yellow Split Peas
|Yellow split peas||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. In a mesh colander rinse the yellow split pease.
2. In a heavy pot add water and place please. Cover with 3 inches of water.
3. Simmer for an till the peas are tender. Add water if needed so that the mixture does not stick.
4. In a large skillet add olive oil and warm it.
5. Add garlic and onion - saute till they are well cooked.
6. Add seasonings to taste.
7. Serve Fava Middle Eastern Yellow Split Peas garnished with parsley.