Microwave Black Eyed Peas And Rice
|Fresh shelled peas/Frozen black-eyed peas - 1 pkg. (10 oz.)||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||2 , microwaved crisply, crumbled|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed or minced|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
1. In a casserole, prepare black-eyed peas.
2. Add the remaining ingredients.
3. Cover and microwave at High for 5 minutes.
4. Microwave at Medium for 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remember to stir it twice during regular intervals of cooking.
5. Serve Black Eyed Peas And Rice with lemon juice poured over it.