Microwave Black Eyed Peas and Rice
|Fresh shelled peas/Frozen black-eyed peas - 1 pkg. (10 oz.)||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||2 , microwaved crisply, crumbled|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed or minced|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
1. In a casserole, prepare black-eyed peas.
2. Add the remaining ingredients.
3. Cover and microwave at High for 5 minutes.
4. Microwave at Medium for 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remember to stir it twice during regular intervals of cooking.
5. Serve Black Eyed Peas And Rice with lemon juice poured over it.
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.9 mg3%
Sodium 513.9 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 71.1%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet