|Dried peas/1 pound fresh peas||3 Ounce|
1. Soak dried peas in water overnight. Add a pinch of soda if the water is hard.
2. Rinse thoroughly.
3. In a pan boil water and cook peas for 1/2-1 1/2 hrs until tender.
4. Cover with a lid and check pan frequently from boiling dry.
5. Add garlic, mint or onion.
6. Strain out from water and transfer into a bowl.
7. Toss with butter and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Calories 17 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.08 g0.13%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.5 mg0.02%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 1 g2.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet