Baked Tomatoes with Peas
|Firm tomatoes||4 Large|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Fine bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Slice off the tomato tops, scoop out the pulp, invert on paper towels to drain.
3) In a bowl, mix the bread crumbs and cheese together, keep aside.
4) In a pan, cook the peas with sugar, then drain well and stir in butter.
5) Spoon the mixture into the tomatoes and sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
6) In a heat-proof dish, place the stuffed tomatoes and surround with
about 1 inch deep boiling water.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
8) Serve the Baked Tomatoes with Peas, immediately on dinner plates.
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.2 mg4.4%
Sodium 225.4 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 62% Vitamin C 59.8%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet