Baked Tomatoes with Peas
|Firm tomatoes||4 Large|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Fine bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Slice off the tomato tops, scoop out the pulp, invert on paper towels to drain.
3) In a bowl, mix the bread crumbs and cheese together, keep aside.
4) In a pan, cook the peas with sugar, then drain well and stir in butter.
5) Spoon the mixture into the tomatoes and sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
6) In a heat-proof dish, place the stuffed tomatoes and surround with
about 1 inch deep boiling water.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
8) Serve the Baked Tomatoes with Peas, immediately on dinner plates.