Creamed Peas And New Potatoes
|Tiny new potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green onion||3 Tablespoon, sliced|
|All-purpose flour||4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Scrub the potatoes.
2) Peel off the narrow strip around the center of each potato.
3) Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water till they are tender (about 15 to 20 minutes) and then drain them.
4) While the potatoes are cooking, cook the onion and peas in small amount of boiling, salted water till they are tender (8 to 15 minutes) and then drain them.
5) Melt the butter in a saucepan and blend in the flour as well as a dash of salt.
6) Add all the milk at once.
7) Cook the mixture quickly, constantly stirring, till it is thick and bubbly.
8) Add the drained vegetables and heat thoroughly.
9) Serve the Creamed Peas And New Potatoes while still hot. Makes a good main dish. Can also be served as a side dish.
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.3 mg8.4%
Sodium 50.3 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 30.1% Vitamin C 53.9%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet