Artichokes and Peas
|Lean bacon slices||3 , minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, minced|
|Minced parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Artichokes||6 Medium, trimmed, and thinly sliced|
|Fresh basil/1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Hot chicken consomme||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peas||2 Pound, shelled to make 2 cups (Fresh / Frozen , Barely Thawed)|
1) Mix together the bacon, the onion, the parsley and the garlic clove on a chopping board and mince together to a paste.
2) In a heavy casserole, heat the butter and the olive oil.
3) Now add the bacon mixture.
4) Cook, mixing all the while for 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Add the artichokes, the basil, salt and pepper and 1/3 cup of the consomme.
6) Reduce to a simmer, cook covered for 10 minutes, mixing many a time at intervals.
7) Now add the peas and, if needed to avoid scorching, add more consomme.
8) Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for about 5 to 10 more minutes, or until the vegetables are just cooked through.
9) Serve hot.
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.6 mg3.9%
Sodium 301.6 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.7%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 14 g27.4%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C 137.9%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet