Stir Fried Snow Peas
|Fresh snow peas||1⁄2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Remove the strings from the pea pods.
2. In a pot with salted water, boil the pods for 30 seconds from the time the second boil is reached.
3. Drain them right away and run under cold water to stop the cooking and set the pretty green color.
4. Pat the peas with paper towels and dry them. Keep aside.
5. In a heavy, non-stick skillet, heat the oils.
6. Bring the saucepan to a boil, and blanch the onions for 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Add the prepared peas, and stir-fry about 45 seconds.
8. Stop cooking when they are heated the peas through and coated with the oil.
9. Adjust the heat if necessary to prevent the peas from burning.
10. Serve hot.
The snow peas can be boiled and prepared hours before frying and serving.
Calories 57 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.9%
Saturated Fat 0.52 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 56.7%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet