|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooked black eyed peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded american cheese||2 Ounce, divided (1/2 Cup)|
1) Heat oil in a pan and cook ground beef until brown.
2) Stir it to crumble and then drain.
3) Stir in peas, salt, garlic powder, and chili powder.
4) Place a spoon of mixture in the center of each pastry circle and sprinkle with grated cheese.
5) Moisten the edges of the pastry and fold in halfs.
6) Seal the edges and deep fry the pastries at 375 degree F for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Drain excess oil in paper towel.
8) Serve hot with ketchup.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1360 Calories from Fat 816
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.1%
Saturated Fat 34 g170.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 209.9 mg70%
Sodium 1590.3 mg66.3%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.4%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 77 g153.3%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 63.4% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet