Khajoor Nl Ghari ( Date Pastry )
|Rice flour||50 Gram (For The Maan Crust)|
|Ghee||50 Gram (For The Maan Crust)|
|Rose essence||1 Teaspoon (For The Maan Crust)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (For The Maan Crust)|
|Wheat flour||150 Gram (For The Dough)|
|Ghee||100 Gram (For The Dough)|
|Rose essence||1 Teaspoon (For The Dough)|
|Dates||500 Gram, mashed|
|Rose essence||2 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||10 , coarsely ground|
|Ghee||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Spread the ghee in a thala with the help of your palm. Sprinkle the rice flour and salt thereon and knead till soft. Make 5 equal balls and place them in a bowl of ice-water.
2. Put the wheat flour, salt, rose essence and ghee in the thala. Mix well and add half a teacup of water. Knead for 5 minutes and divide into 5 equal balls.
3. Put all the ingredients mentioned under date stuffing in a pan over a low fire and mash thoroughly for about 5 minutes.
4. Take one portion of dough and spread it on the palm of your hand. Spread one ball of Maan on top of it and fold the layers into a small flat cake. Spread this on the thala to form a circle 3" in diameter. Put one full tablespoon of the date stuffing in the centre of the flat cake and fold it over. Pat it flat into a 3" diameter cake. Repeat for the remaining portions.
5. Heat vanaspati/ghee in an iron kadhai. When hot, add the Ghari (stuffed date cake) to the ghee and deep-fry until golden brown.
6. Serve hot, with tea.