This is a great idea for an appetizer or an appetizing snack, either sweet or savory... let's make the stuffed triangles!
For the pastry
For the savoury filling
For the sweet filling
1. Knead flour, ricotta cheese and butter on a work surface into a ball, wrap in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for half an hour.
2. For the filling: peel, core and dice the pears and keep it aside, cut the gammon into strips, the cheese into cubes and then roughly grate the gruyere.
3. Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C) f.
4. Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to a 1/10 inch (2 mm) thickness, with a pastry cutter, cut into squares, about 4 inches (10 cm) on a side.
5. Transfer the squares to a baking dish, lined with parchment paper, fill with pears, taleggio cheese, gammon and some gruyere.
6. Beat the egg in a small bowl now brush the edges of the square and fold over into triangles and seal finally brush the surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. For the sweet triangles fill them with jam and chocolate-hazelnut spread. Brush it as before, fold into triangles and bake at for 20-25 minutes.
8. Serve the delicious triangles as an appetizer.